Pets Policy for Decathlon stores in the UK
As a pet-friendly store, Decathlon wants to provide opportunity for all those with well-socialised dogs and other pets allowed by the policy to take part in the hustle and bustle of the Decathlon store with their four-legged companion. To live together as harmoniously as possible and to comply with the relevant legistlation, the following policy should be respected by everyone arriving with pets.
1. Small and large dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets and other pets, regardless of their type, size and age, may also enter the area of the Decathlon Store.
2. Birds, wild, exotic and farm animals may not enter the area of the Decathlon Store.
3. Cats, rabbits, ferrets and other allowed animals may enter the area of the Decathlon Store in a special carrier bag or cage suitable for the purpose.
4. Dogs may enter the area of the Decathlon Store on a leash or in a carrier. Dogs may be led by persons capable of controlling, handling and restraining the dog.
5. Assistance dogs, including guide dogs, hearing dogs, and assistance dogs for individuals with disabilities, are welcome in all areas of the store. They are not required to be in a harness or carrying identification.
6. The person accompanying/bringing along the animal may only enter and walk the authorised area of the shopping centre with a healthy, well-socialised, clean, well-groomed animal with a healthy nervous system, in a way which does not endanger the physical integrity and health or disturb the peace of others, or does not evoke fear and/or does not cause property damage. Dangerous dogs (dogs declared dangerous by an official veterinarian) must be led under the supervision of the person designated in the holding permit with a secure muzzle to prevent biting and a collar to prevent escape on a non-extendable leash not longer than two metres.
7. The person accompanying/bringing along the animal shall pay particular attention to the order and cleanliness of the shopping centre.
8. The person accompanying or bringing along the animal in a carrier, or the owner of the animal shall be subject to any criminal, civil and administrative liability for all actions of the animal in the area of the Decathlon Store, thus in the event of any damage the person accompanying or bringing along the animal or the owner shall be solely liable for any compensation or indemnity.
9. Only dogs that have been chipped and vaccinated against rabies may enter the area of the Decathlon Store.
10. The person accompanying/bringing along the dog must bring the dog's vaccination records or the animal's passport, which must be presented upon request of the Decathlon Store’s staff and security personnel in order to provide clear evidence of the existence of the appropriate vaccination.
11. Decathlon Store reserves the right to check the dog’s vaccination records/passport and the presence of the identification chip at any time with the help of an expert.
12. Decathlon Store reserves the right that in the event the person accompanying/bringing along the dog cannot present the dog’s vaccination records/passport, the dog and the person accompanying/bringing along the animal may be escorted off the area of the shopping centre.
13. Decathlon Store reserves the right that in the event the person accompanying/bringing along the animal breaches points 6 and/or 7 of the Policy, the animal and the person accompanying/bringing along the animal may be escorted off the area of the shopping centre.
14. Decathlon Store reserves the right that in the event the dog does not have an identification chip, the dog and the person accompanying/bringing along the animal may be escorted off the area of the shopping centre.
15. Should pet accidents happen in the Decathlon Store, the person accompanying/bringing along the animal shall clean up the dirt and report the incident to the staff member at the information desk and ask for disinfectant cleaning.
16. Aggression by the animal brought along causing injuries will be reported to the police.
17. There might be some exceptions where Decathlon stores won’t allow pets on their premises. This could happen if our business unit is in a shopping mall premises and this one does not allow pets in its Pet’s Policy.
18. Nothing in this Policy shall be construed as limiting, releasing, or derogating any of your legal duties and obligations under tort, the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976, or any other applicable law.
Decathlon reserves the right to modify this policy at any time without prior notice.
If you have any questions or need further clarification, please feel free to reach out to our store management or staff.
Last updated: 18/07/2023