Dimensions How heavy is it?
When the kayak is inflated:
> length: 528 cm
> width: 70 cm
When stored in its bag:
height: 100 cm
> width: 45 cm
> thickness: 38 cm
> full weight: 30 kg (26.5 kayak Dimensions of the bag + 3.5)
Hatch storage: 60 cm
An innovation, and a patent pending!
A high-performance 2-seater inflatable kayak that you can take everywhere with your trolley bag, in short: freedom! Based on the X500 1-seater kayak, we decided to develop a 2-seater kayak. 5 prototypes were necessary. The main challenge was: offering rigidity and performance with a 2-seater inflatable kayak. Therefore, its was the unique cut and assembly of the materials used that we decided to patent.
Why a rigid inflatable kayak?
We listened to kayakers: “I would like to share experiences with one other person in a kayak”, “I am looking for a 2-person inflatable kayak with the same performance as a rigid kayak”.
Why the name "Kayak X500 DropStitch"?
Dropstitch is a mesh made of polyester yarns between 2 layers of PVC. When the floor is inflated under high pressure, the threads are stretched and the construction becomes very strong, thus avoiding any deformation.
How to inflate and mount the kayak?
1. Inflate the main chamber (floor), then the intermediate chambers (walls), followed by the small chambers (arches). All the volumes are inflated to 15 PSI max (1.03 bar).
2. You can insert the foot-rests on the flexible guides, push them inside the kayak, and adjust to your leg length with the buckle.
3. Position the seats by fitting them onto the shims provided.
4. Position the backrests under the coaming.
We recommend the HP Itiwit twin-action hand pump (8387655), not supplied.
How to disassemble and deflate the kayak?
You'll see it's quite simple!
1. Make sure the folding surface is clean.
2. Remove the seats.
3. Remove the foot rests
4. Deflate the kayak by removing the cap and pressing the valve. (Leave the valve in the open position for air to escape)
5. Tuck in the hatch and start folding lengthways.
How to fold it up to put it in the bag?
1. We recommend placing the canvas of the bridge inside the fold.
2. Fold the keel over its entire length. This fold ensures that the width of the kayak is the same as that of the bag.
3. To fold your kayak, start with the front tip then fold at the first dashes. Repeat the operation 4 times such that the kayak folds like a snail
4. Strap up the kayak - strapping it well will make it easier to fit in the bag.
What if the kayak is pierced?
It would take something sharp to make that happen. If so, the kayak is composed of 6 independent “air chambers”. 1 or 2 of punctures? The kayak floats enough to make it back to the shore safely.
To preserve the life expectancy of your kayak, we advise you to avoid contact with oyster shells and sharp reefs.
The team offers their tips for your comfort ...
Olivier takes care of the stock at Itiwit. Like the whole team, he is passionate about kayaking. His advice: “Make the most of it, really take the time to sit in the middle to balance yourself, to adjust your foot rests. Once you are comfortable, off you go.
Nico is a product engineer, his thing is to always leave with dry clothes in a small waterproof bag. You can place it in the front of the kayak for easy access.
What does the Kayak bag contain?
The kit includes:
- the trolley bag
- the kayak
- two seats
- four foot rests
- a repair kit
It does not contain spray decks. The kayak is compatible with the Itiwit spray deck code: 8543915.
Directions for use.
We recommend that you use the product with a buoyancy vest.