What are zero drop shoes?
On shoes, the drop refers to the height difference between the toe and heel. Scientific studies carried out by our research laboratory (the SportsLab) have proven to us that having zero drop gives a more natural stride, similar to your stride when running barefoot. This natural motion lets your child better absorb impacts when running and strengthens their tendons and muscles in the long term.
What about a natural stride?
To encourage a natural stride that's as close as possible to running barefoot, the Flex Run shoe is based around 4 criteria:
- Zero drop and good flexibility so that the midfoot contacts the floor first, rather than the heel.
- A low weight for a smoother stride
- An anatomical shape to limit the amount that the shoe restricts the foot
The result is that, when you contact the floor, the energy is transferred to the muscles at the back of the leg, which are better at absorbing vibrations
Designed for kids... based on their parents' feedback.
Our team designed these shoes around the needs of budding athletes and feedback from their parents:
- The rubber patches all along the sole make it grippier
- The rip-tab helps your child to put their shoes on and take them off unaided
- The laces and strap ensure that your child's foot is correctly supported
- The reinforcements at the front and rear of the upper provide extra support and protection
Why choose shoes that let your child's feet breathe?
Our research laboratory, SportsLab, has shown that kids' feet sweat much more than adults' during exercise.
This is why all of our running shoes are made with breathable fabric (mesh) on the upper. It wicks away perspiration and stops unpleasant odours from developing. This fabric, which is lighter than synthetic leather, is more comfortable for running!