This is the privacy and cookies policy for http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ and http://www.community,decathlon.co.uk (Sites). The Sites is operated by Decathlon UK Limited (with registered company number 03140144) trading as Decathlon (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We also share the information collected from you with our parent company, Decathlon SA, registered in France, Lille, RCS 306 138 900. Decathlon SA and his subsidiaries own a number of brands, and information will be shared via Decathlon SA with these brands a full list of which can be seen here http://corporate.decathlon.com/en/our-brands/passion-brands. We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
We may collect and process the following information about you such as:
- information (such as your name, email address, delivery address, shipping address, date of birth and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Sites, including when you register as a user of the Sites, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material (for example, photos, and videos) via the Sites, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your reviews and pictures of our products and reviews of our stores which you submit to the Sites;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Sites or in store;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Sites or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Sites for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
We may, from time to time, run referral programmes or similar initiatives, such as a "Tell a Friend" programme, that invite you to provide us with the contact details of someone who is known to you who may find our products or services to be of interest. We will only use those contact details for the purpose of the relevant initiative (and not for general marketing purposes). By providing us with their details, you confirm that you have their permission to do so and must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has made the referral in the message that is sent to them.
When you visit the Sites, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Sites and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Sites and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Sites and which you request;
- administer your account with us and manage your loyalty program;
- verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- audit the downloading of data from the Sites;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Sites and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Sites;
- carry out research on our users' demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, and the other Decathlon brands (for a list of our brands please visit http://corporate.decathlon.com/en/our-brands/passion-brands/ ) provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes. Any such communications you receive will be sent by us. In determining what we think may be of interest to you, we will consider all such information which you provide to us. This will include content submitted to the Sites such as reviews. This helps us ensure that the content we send you is modified for your interests so that you receive relevant communications. Information collected from you will also influence which adverts you see when you browsing. For information on this, please see our Cookies Policy;
As stated above, we will disclose your information to our parent company, Decathlon SA and is also accessed by Decathlon France SA's brands, a list of which is here http://corporate.decathlon.com/en/our-brands/passion-brands/.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Sites, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Sites, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Sites or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
If you sign up to the Decathlon Community on http://www.community,decathlon.co.uk you will be able to submit material about your passions, interests and products you have purchased from Decathlon. This may include descriptions of your experiences, photos and videos. To post in the Decathlon Community you must be a registered user but http://community.decathlon.co.uk is available to the general public to view, as well as registered users. Any information that is disclosed in this area becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information. Your user name as created by you will be visible on the Decathlon Community. If you chose to sign in with Facebook, your information will automatically sync with you Facebook user name and profile picture. We may use information you choose to submit to the Decathlon Community to send you communications about products and services which we think might be of interest to you. This may be displayed to you in online advertising or through emails we send to you. If you comment on products which we sell, we may add these to the reviews on http://www.decathlon.co.uk/
Your use of the Decathlon Community is always subject to the Terms of Service for the Decathlon Community.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Sites or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
The Sites may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Sites whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Information that you submit via the Sites will only be stored for as long as we legitimately need it or as required by the law. This information is sent to and stored on secure servers which is necessary in order to process the information. These are located within European Economic Area. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the maximum amount permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Please submit any questions you have about these terms and conditions,an order you have placed or ordering in general using the customer form, by telephone on 0207 064 3000 between the hours stated on the Frequently Asked Question page.
You can also write us on the following address:
DECATHLON UK SERVICES
Customer Loyalty Team
Canada Water Retail Park,
Surrey Quays Road - London, SE16 2XU