Size 3.90 m: The length of the carp rods between 11 and 13 FEET are more suited to carp fishing from the bank.
Rods of this length tend to be more powerful for reaching long range swims.
The dismantled length of the rod is 2.03 m. No. of sections: 2
WEIGHTS: 450 g
A TOP TIP ACTION ROD
Known as "fast action". The tip action of X'trem-9 SLIM 390 allows it to bend through the last third of its length to the tip. The rod's action is reduced, making the main body of these rods quite stiff.
This means that the rod's action is reduced, ie it bends less when tension is applied by fish. The advantage is that the stiffness enables very long distance casting.
SEAGUIDE starting rings 50 mm, 30 mm, 20 mm, 16 mm, 12 mm, and 12 mm in tip.
Light and braid resistant. You can use braid on your reels with no fear of damaging your rings. This is a prime criterion of choice if you use braid regularly.
RING GUIDES: The rings are attached via three legs. These 3-leg guides are stronger for greater resistance to heavy duty casting.
FULL POWER AHEAD
The test curve of your rod is a gauge of two different but complementary characteristics:
- The ability to resist a tension force similar to wrestling with a fish.
-The rod's ability to cast a weight over a certain distance.
The 3.5 lbs power enables you to cast up to 130 g beyond 140 m and reel in fish of all sizes with ease.
THE LITTLE EXTRA
1. INNOVATION: Improved visibility at night. The tip of the MOON CONCEPT lights up in contact with UV rays. It is recommended to go with the MOON CONCEPT headlamp
2. REEL HOLDER: The metal reel holder is adjustable. It allows balancing the assembly to be able to realize castings under the best conditions
Everyday maintenance is simple: just clean your rods with warm soapy water, and then rinse and dry them carefully, paying special attention to the joints.
This step is very important to make sure you remove any sand that can damage your rods
CHOOSING THE RIGHT ROD FOR YOUR HEIGHT
It is often said that the longer the carp rod, the further you can cast.
But it is mainly your size (and your centre of gravity) which determines how far you cast.
For example, if you are less than 1.70 m tall, you will find a 13 foot rod less comfortable than a 12 foot rod. It will shift your centre of gravity towards that upper part of you body.
Which means it will take more effort to use.
The perfect balance for casting far (Part 1)
To cast far involves two aspects: the material and the technique. Regarding material, the winning combination is:
1. A rod with power between 3.25 and 3.75 lbs
2. Reel: Choosing a reel with a long distance spool is essential to enable the line to release and gain additional meters.
The perfect balance for casting far (Part 2)
3. The choice between monofilament or braid is entirely a question of personal preference. Whichever you choose, you will need a small diameter such as 28/100 for maximum casting distance.
4. When allowed you can put 3 m of leader of 30 hundredth in braid. As there is no elasticity in the braid, all the speed during the movement come from the rod.
Before casting, check that the joints are properly assembled. A poorly inserted spigot is the main cause of rod breakage.
Casting with a dry leader increases the risk of breaking your line. To avoid this problem you can moisten the body of the line before casting.