We measure the resistance of a fabric to water pressure in mm of water column (based on the ISO 811 standard). The higher the water pressure withstood by the fabric, the more waterproof it is.
Here are the waterproofing ratings:
Component resistant to water pressure of 2000mm before and after ageing (5 washes). This equates to 2000 Schmerber, average pressure exerted by the water during rain.
The trousers' waterproofing has been tested in a rain shower with 60 litres of water/m²/hour for 2 hours
OVERTROUSERS CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Rinse with clean water after use
- Store in a dry place
- To protect the water-repellent treatment, wash as little as possible
- Wash the product inside out and fastened. 30°C or 40°C synthetic cycle with regular detergent. Do not use fabric conditioner. Do not overload your machine. Extra rinse cycle.
- Line dry.
- To reactivate the water repellency, tumble dry inside out on a synthetic cycle for 10 to 15 minutes
A SCORE TO COMPARE THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF PRODUCTS
The environmental impact of the product is calculated over its entire life cycle with different indicators. An overall score (ABCDE) is attributed to help you easily identify the products with the best environmental performance by comparing products of the same type with one another (T-shirts, trousers, backpacks, etc.).
Decathlon has voluntarily opted to apply this environmental labelling scheme.
For more information, visit: http://sustainability.decathlon.com/
WATERPROOF RATING IN MM OR SCHMERBER
We measure the resistance of a fabric to water pressure expressed in mm of water column (based on the ISO 811 standard). The higher the water pressure withstood by the fabric, the more waterproof it is. A component with that is waterproof to 2000 mm therefore resists the pressure of 2000 mm of water.
BREATHABILITY OF THE OVERTROUSERS
To find out if a fabric is breathable, its coefficient of Thermal Evaporative Resistance (RET) is measured during a test based on the ISO 11092 standard. The lower the resistance, the more the fabric allows the water vapour generated by the body during exercise to escape and the more breathable it is.
- RET < 9 = extremely breathable fabric
- 9 < RET < 12 = very breathable fabric
- 12 < RET < 20 = breathable fabric
- RET > 20 = not very or not breathable fabric