These overgloves have been designed to give you an extra layer of protection on top of your non-waterproof winter gloves!
They keep your hands at a comfortable temperature for longer during long, wet or cold rides!
There are reflective panels covering 2 fingers for night-time visibility
The palm and fingers are made from a grippy fabric to help you grasp the handlebar.
It's not just the fabric that matters for the product's waterproofing; the assembly is just as important.
The product offers a water resistance of 15,000 mm water pressure before washing.
We've waterproofed the long internal seams and the bases between the fingers using thermobonded watertight bands.
On the edges of the fingers, on the inside, our best option was to use watertight thread because there wasn't enough space to attach watertight bands.
BREATHABILITY OF THE FABRIC (RET)
To see whether a fabric is breathable, we test its evaporative resistance or RET (based on the ISO 11092 standard). The lower its resistance, the more it lets water vapour produced by the body escape, therefore the more breathable it is.
• RET <6: extremely breathable, suitable for the most intense workouts
• RET 6 to 12: very breathable, designed for moderate exercise
• RET 12 to 20: moderately breathable, not enough for exercise
• RET >20: little breathability, unsuitable for exercise
We wanted to design a clever product that wouldn't take up too much space and that would keep your hands significantly warmer, so we've included a discreet pocket that you can fold the gloves into. Once they're packed away, they'll fit into the palm of your hand.
This means you can easily fit them into a small bag or a pocket.
We've chosen a 3-finger design for 2 reasons:
- to maximise warmth inside the gloves.
- to be able to waterproof the product, because gloves are by definition difficult to waterproof, and this affects the quality.
- to retain a basic level of dexterity so that you can still steer your bike, brake and change gear.